Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

...Christmas!

Bobby and I had a very nice, low-key Thanksgiving. We were invited over to our friends' house for dinner, which was delicous and the best part is we didn't have to cook! Last year in Phoenix we had over 20 people and by the end of the day my mother and both Bob & I were exhausted. I made dessert ahead of time (Amazing Rum Cake and Dutch Apple Pie), so we just had to show up and eat!

I've been spending the rest of the break studying, but today I cajoled Bobby into coming with me to cut down a tree! I love decorating for Christmas and every year we get a fresh tree. Previously in Phoenix I spent about $65 every year and thought that was a normal price everywhere. Of course once you think about, I realize that since all the trees are shipped into Phoenix there's a mark up. My beautiful tree was only $20! Woot!


Our Tree in the "wild"! The feet belong to the gentleman with the chainsaw.

They even had a nifty tree dolly.
Sophie liked the cows and sheep at the farm, but she especially just liked the ride!
Since we live in the attic, the tree had to manuver the stairs:
At this point he's threatening to kill the tree if I take another picture.
But it was worth all the work!

And I have decorated the house of course. It's probably silly since I'll be in Phoenix for Christmas, but I like to get into the spirit!
Sophie is not happy that I moved her chair.
I have to get back to studying now, but it's much more fun when my house is filled with Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment