Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baking!

I love to bake! Every year a few of my girlfriends and I spend the Saturday before Christmas baking in what we called the annual Bake-off. It's all day, absolutely exhausting, and a ton of fun! Unfortunately, that was really the only time I would do a lot of baking in Phoenix due to the weather. When it's 110° F outside, the last thing you want to do is fire up the oven and stand in the kitchen. But Phoenix's low temp right now is higher than my high temperature, which means perfect weather for a hot house!

And since I'm on break from school, I have been bored silly so I've enjoyed being able to bake. Peanut Butter Blossoms, Black and White Cookies drizzled with chocolate, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Almond Sugar (I call them Boter-cookies), and 2 types of brownies. Nothing too special, but still tasty!

Peanut Butter Blossoms are always a hit
A day well spent. This also explains why I've gained 15 pounds.
I put together tins for Bobby's coworkers as well as mine (I work part-time in the tech office at school). But now I am out of things to do! The Christmas presents are wrapped, the house is sparkling clean, and I've even packed for Phoenix. This is the first time that I haven't have school or work for a Christmas break and I'm not very good at sitting still. I'm looking forward to being in Phoenix in a few days and I guess I have to just try to relax for now!
I'll just follow Sophie The Puffin's lead :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment