Saturday was my birthday! We spent a wonderful day on the beach here in Oregon. It's only an easy 90 minute drive to Cannon Beach through forests and green.
Just look at the details!
The beach specifically welcomed Sophie. It's "A Place for Puffins"! LOL
(Sophie's nickname is the puffin. Don't know why I started calling her that, but she comes when called!)
She wasn't a big fan of the waves, but totally took them like a trooper! She was all wet and covered in sand by the end of our walk, but she was still a happy dog. She loved the little dead fish that had washed ashore all over the beach and kept trying to roll in them. Ick!
When we got home I opened presents sent to me by family and friends and had cake. You can see that we love Sophie more than me. We bought her a candle for her 2 year birthday cake, but for my b-day Bobby just improvised:
My former boss and good friend sent me the most delicious chocolate-covered strawberries I have ever had!
More than that, she send me a HUGE surprise from the bank! I worked on a lot of projects while there and one that had a lot of impact didn't get fully implemented until right before I left. Now, you can't win any awards after you leave the company - everyone knows that. But somehow I won a Best Practice award since my program had such a big impact on the department. My old team made me an awesome banner and everyone signed it - even those in Boise and Minnesota. But the biggest surprise of all is that the award came with $500.00!! So excited!! That's like a month worth of groceries!! LOL! I can't thank them enough for that. I totally made my day!
Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so great! I miss you all!
Sophie says hello!


3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a fantastic birthday!
Happy belated birthday!
Happy Birthday!! You totally deserve that award!!
- Natalia
(I've been getting kick backs in email, did you get the last one I sent?)
Post a Comment