Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Day at the Park

Another hot day today! It’s 96 right now and with no A/C it’s been pretty miserable. But it gave us a good excuse to get out since our attic apartment is hotter than… well… pretty much anywhere! So we spent the morning at the Hillsboro Farmer’s Market in town which was a lot of fun! We walked there with Sophie and picked up some produce and enjoyed the shade! Bob is especially proud of the onions we picked up and I’ve already eaten all the strawberries :)

Across from the Civic Center there are giant Sequoias which never cease to amaze me. These were planted in 1880 as three-year-old seedlings from the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California.

After a trip later to the homebrew store in town (also walking distance), we decided to have a picnic at Rood Bridge Park, which is beautiful and green, green, green! We ended up spending all afternoon there and I can’t count how many times I fell asleep. Very relaxing :)


Can’t say I’m looking forward to Biochemistry starting on Monday, but at least I’m having a few days to unwind before the chaos begins!

Sophie loves the park and say’s “Hi!”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie!!! Hehe! I miss you Sarah Say! You look SUPER cute in your park bench pic! Love the dress!!! It looks so beautiful there! I hope you had an AWESOME first week!!! =)

Post a Comment