Friday, August 13, 2010

Home Sweet (HOT) Home

I’ve definitely been homesick for all my people in Phoenix, but I’m pleasantly surprised that I don’t really miss the city of Phoenix at all! I LOVE my new place – it’s exactly what I wanted it to be (which is no surprise since I measured every last thing I owned and planned it out before we moved… LOL). And Bobby’s really happy with it too! It already feels like home – especially because it is friggin’ HOT! It was 94 today, which is easy-peasy for Phoenix, but here in Oregon I have no AC and live on the top floor. We’re talking about digging into our savings a little and shelling out for a window AC since it’ll be 97 Monday (ick). But I still love it! The pictures don’t do it justice, but here’s a peek at our home before & after.
Last Saturday:

And Today:

We turned the small laundry room into a full pantry. I hate fighting the crowds, but IKEA is amazing at making the most of small places:

Another awesome bonus of my new place is free flowers all summer! My downstairs neighbor has an amazing green thumb and in addition to an entry covered in impatiens, fuchsias, petunias and other flowers, we have 2 huge hydrangea bushes in the front yard that bloom all summer. I came home last night to this on my steps:

She was doing some pruning and made me a vase-full! I cut some more for my window too and love being surrounded by the green, blue, and purple! She also has an amazing vegetable garden in the back and told us to have-at them since she can’t keep up with them! That’s a lot of exclamation points, but I really am excited about the green. :)


We didn’t go to the beach as planned today, but we’re going to go on Sunday instead. I’ll take lotsa pictures when we go! :)

Our next adventure after that will be our first batch of home-brewed beer in Oregon! Wish me luck – my house will smell like hops and yeast for days…..

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Your place went from Hoarders to Fabulous in a few days! That's as surprising as YOU measuring Sarah Say ;) Hehe!! Pretty Flowers! What a SWEET neighbor! =)

Post a Comment